Rule

Where you might expect your racist grandparent to post

Moderator: Frek

Post Reply
User avatar
dlvette
Porch Dad
Posts: 23962
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:47 pm

Rule

Post by dlvette » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:56 pm

You need to crank up your "steps game"

That is all

User avatar
Rule
Site Admin
Posts: 25412
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:16 am
Location: 6500 year old earth

Re: Rule

Post by Rule » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:27 pm

Got over 8k today but I'm been moving all day. Getting 10k a day without working out is literally impossible. I plan on mowing the grass when I get home so tomorrow I should hit 10k+. Also my Fatbutt is starting to fall apart and this is my second one. Not sure if I will buy another one. If I do gonna get one that has changeable bands. Which one do you have? My first one was a regular charge now I got charge HR. Might consider a flex since they are cheap but no HR and no stairs. It's got swimming though lol. I wish there was a decently priced option that did HR, stairs and swimming but it doesn't exist.

User avatar
dlvette
Porch Dad
Posts: 23962
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:47 pm

Re: Rule

Post by dlvette » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:31 pm

Good for you. I'm way behind for the week due to work. Too much sitting in customer meetings.
I got the Charge HR 2 after the band on my original Charge HR broke. You can replace the bands on the new ones.
Fatbutt has a new one, that will be shipping soon, the Ionic. But I'm not going to pay $329 for it. I'm a cheap bastard these days
My oldest bought a garmin watch to use in triathlons and seems to really like it

User avatar
Rule
Site Admin
Posts: 25412
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:16 am
Location: 6500 year old earth

Re: Rule

Post by Rule » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:50 am

The Ionic has everything I'm looking for. I think having HR, swim, and floors climbed would be ideal. Pretty much everyone has steps of course, and sleep. But yeah I'm not paying that much plus its too big. Same for the Blaze. Too big. I just with there was a slim fit option like the flex or alta that does everything. I don't need a screen.

User avatar
Scooter
Trimp Chimp
Posts: 5194
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: Rule

Post by Scooter » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:06 am

I use a Garmin. DL, does your Fatbutt upload your data to Strava, or are you using something else for that?

User avatar
dlvette
Porch Dad
Posts: 23962
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:47 pm

Re: Rule

Post by dlvette » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:16 pm

All my strava cycling data is from my Garmin cycling computer. I can upload information from my Fatbutt if I want but I choose not to track my steps on Strava.

Rule, I agree with you on the Ionic and Blaze I don't need the screen either, but having something that is WR would be nice

User avatar
Ttuhog
Posts: 8817
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:06 pm
Location: Tick Tock Little Rock

Re: Rule

Post by Ttuhog » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:59 pm

Get a Garmin Forerunner. Fatbutt and bike computer all in one.

User avatar
dlvette
Porch Dad
Posts: 23962
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:47 pm

Re: Rule

Post by dlvette » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:40 am

Ttuhog wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:59 pm
Get a Garmin Forerunner. Fatbutt and bike computer all in one.
The problem I have with the forerunner is that when biking you are constantly having to look at your wrist to check HR, pace etc and having to take your eyes off the road. I'm sure you get used to it, but it always bothers me seeing folks in our cycling group that do that

User avatar
Ubiter
'wich fiend
Posts: 328
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:26 am
Location: Houston (send help)

Re: Rule

Post by Ubiter » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:30 pm

Is google glass still a thing.
It's 2018, some get these bicycle nerds a HUD

User avatar
Ttuhog
Posts: 8817
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:06 pm
Location: Tick Tock Little Rock

Re: Rule

Post by Ttuhog » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:36 pm

dlvette wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:40 am
Ttuhog wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:59 pm
Get a Garmin Forerunner. Fatbutt and bike computer all in one.
The problem I have with the forerunner is that when biking you are constantly having to look at your wrist to check HR, pace etc and having to take your eyes off the road. I'm sure you get used to it, but it always bothers me seeing folks in our cycling group that do that
Quit checking your speed and hr so often. Problem solved.

User avatar
dlvette
Porch Dad
Posts: 23962
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:47 pm

Re: Rule

Post by dlvette » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:18 pm

Ttuhog wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:36 pm
dlvette wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:40 am
Ttuhog wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:59 pm
Get a Garmin Forerunner. Fatbutt and bike computer all in one.
The problem I have with the forerunner is that when biking you are constantly having to look at your wrist to check HR, pace etc and having to take your eyes off the road. I'm sure you get used to it, but it always bothers me seeing folks in our cycling group that do that
Quit checking your speed and hr so often. Problem solved.
At my age, I need to make sure my heart is still ticking.

User avatar
Ttuhog
Posts: 8817
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:06 pm
Location: Tick Tock Little Rock

Re: Rule

Post by Ttuhog » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:03 pm

dlvette wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:18 pm
Ttuhog wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:36 pm
dlvette wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:40 am
Ttuhog wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:59 pm
Get a Garmin Forerunner. Fatbutt and bike computer all in one.
The problem I have with the forerunner is that when biking you are constantly having to look at your wrist to check HR, pace etc and having to take your eyes off the road. I'm sure you get used to it, but it always bothers me seeing folks in our cycling group that do that
Quit checking your speed and hr so often. Problem solved.
At my age, I need to make sure my heart is still ticking.
Lol.

Do I need to sign up ahead of time for COTA?

User avatar
dlvette
Porch Dad
Posts: 23962
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:47 pm

Re: Rule

Post by dlvette » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:55 pm

Ttuhog wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:03 pm
dlvette wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:18 pm
Ttuhog wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:36 pm
dlvette wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:40 am
Ttuhog wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:59 pm
Get a Garmin Forerunner. Fatbutt and bike computer all in one.
The problem I have with the forerunner is that when biking you are constantly having to look at your wrist to check HR, pace etc and having to take your eyes off the road. I'm sure you get used to it, but it always bothers me seeing folks in our cycling group that do that
Quit checking your speed and hr so often. Problem solved.
At my age, I need to make sure my heart is still ticking.
Lol.

Do I need to sign up ahead of time for COTA?
Only if you want to save $5. $15 in advance and tomorrow is the last day to preregister. $20 at the door. Bring a card or cash for a couple of beers afterwards.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests